Saturday, November 19, 2011

What does everyone think of the tattoo I want to get as a memorial to my girlfriend who died in a car accident

I posted this question already and got feedback. I took people's advice and went with her initials on top and the date of the accident on the banner.


This is what I have so far:


http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/M鈥?/a>





The colour scheme goes as follows. . .


The heart will be red.


The banner will be dark blue.


The wings will be dark blue and black and maybe a little white, depending on how the artist shades it when he sketches it.


The barbed wire and lettering for her initials and date will be dark blue.


The rose will be a deep scarlet which was her favourite colour of rose.


The stem will be dark green, as will be the thorns.





I am bad at shading so this is a rough idea of what I want, I will have the artist shade it to make everything look more real. I would like people's input, girls especially. What would you think if a guy you were serious with had this tattoo, knowing the situation.|||Well being a girl and a tattoo artist, the tattoo looks great you did a good job. Who ever you bring it to should easily make it look fantastic. I think if it's the right person for you then they'd understand. It's in memory of someone, whether that be your girlfriend, mom, dad, sister, or brother...they should be able to understand that.|||I think that will be beautiful i'm sorry for your loss. :(|||You know what, it is a nice design, cannot make heads or tails of the initials, is it JEV or JEN can't tell.





But my opinion is why would you want to idolize her death with the date of it. I would just put her name in the banner and forget the date. If you need a date put in the date you met her or fell in love with her.





To me it would be a better memory|||im a fan of it except for the wire around the heart... to me it symbolizes a prison, as if she were trapped instead of set free... - you can shade with darker colors if the heart isnt "manly" enough but without that wire its still a guys tat|||That is soo nice and cute. I think it would soo very very nice and im soo sorry for your loss :'(|||I am really sorry for your loss, but I think your future girlfriends will have a problem with your having any such tattoo. It would be far, far more meaningful to remember her always in your heart. To me, the tattoo trivializes what happened and makes it seem like it is all about you and not about her.|||it's really cute! and i have nothing against it... except... if you're planning to get back into the dating world and your future girlfriends ask what the tatoo means... they might have a hard time accepting that you still care a lot for a past "significant other"... but other wise it's all good to me!! %26lt;3 p.s. i TOTALLY think that you should put white in the wings, all 3 colors together are good|||I don't like the location of the initials, i would put them inside the heart or leave them off altogether. Is this a girl you were really serious with? I don't know how i would feel if a guy i was seeing had that. If you just leave the date on there, you don't have to tell anyone what it is. Also, you don't have to have a tatoo to remember her, what about a donation in her memory to her favorite cause, or to your school? Or a tree for a park with a name plate. or a park bench at your favorite park. Just a thought. Also, sorry about your loss.|||I think it is great that you want to remember her in this way. and if i were to date a man who had this sort of tattoo it would only show me how compassionate he was. I'm sorry for your lose and i hope the tattoo artist does a great job on this piece|||I agree with others I can't be sure what the initials are and why the barbed wire? What are the wings? If they are suppose to be angel wings, remember angels were never humans so she can't be your guardian angel.|||I think it's beautiful and I would think he's sentimental and has a big heart.





People seem to be having problems with the initials. I think it says FEV.|||Take it in and have your artist


draw it in detail. You will be


better able to see if anything


needs changed. Your artist


can help you with that and also


the color and placement. You


don't want it to end up, getting


too busy, or having everything


crowded together.|||The tattoo is beautifull, and seems very speacial to you which is all that matter.





I think its ridiculas that some of the girls are saying once you start to date agian your girlfriend may not like it. Dont listen to them the tattoo only shows what you have gone threw and how she was important in your life, if your future girlfriend is jealous ofsome one who has passed, then she has some issues.





good luck with the tat, im sure it will look great.|||I'm sorry for your loss, but I don't like the tattoo. I think it is extremely generic. If you really want to remember her through ink (which I'm not sure is a great idea to begin with) make it something more personal. Like an inside joke the two of you had, or her favorite pass time. Something that really catches the essence of who she was, and not just a random heart with wings.|||I think it is a nice tattoo. i think the barbed wire should be a different color than the banner,perhaps black, i think it will blend together too much otherwise. if i was dating you and saw your tat, i would be sad for you because know how it feels to lose someone. i wouldnt be jealous or anything, i would feel good knowing i was with someone who could love someone so deeply.|||I think it will be beautiful. Your girlfriend was lucky to have someone care about her the way you obviously do. As far as what other women you may date/marry may think, I hope they dont get upset (but some chicks are just Bees with an Itch.) However, I see it like this, you loved her and fate took her from you far too soon in life, love does not die when we die, I would think, this man knows how to love. She will always have a place in your heart, you shouldnt have to worry about what others think, even if you didn' t have a tatt-you still have memories, whats the difference? You do whatever you need to do to help heal your pain, when the right girl comes around she will be there to take some of that pain away.

No comments:

Post a Comment